After several weeks of gigs, we at Syncopasian finally have a few free weekends to work on more new music! We’re really excited to work on our new songs :]
Our next scheduled performances are as follows:
- Friday, April 12, 2013: MIT Campus Preview Weekend’s “Spring Greater Boston Invitational Songfest” featuring ALL of MIT’s official a cappella groups performing for FREE!! You really don’t want to miss this!! More details coming soon!
- Sunday, May 5, 2013: MIT Asian Dance Team’s spring showcase, “Inspirasian” — details to follow
- Thursday, May 17, 2013 @ 10-250: MIT Syncopasian’s SPRING CONCERT!!
Hope to see you there!
Unfortunately, due to the blizzard in February and other extenuating circumstances, Quad-A Show 2013 has been cancelled. Thanks to everyone for their interest in the show and to our wonderful groups for being so dedicated to the spirit of Quad-A!
We’re talking to the other groups to see if we can help organize a show for next school year. We’ll keep you posted!
We have new members!!! Thanks to everyone who auditioned for us; we really enjoyed hearing everyone sing!
Syncopasian extends its warmest, fuzziest welcome to its three new members:
- George Du
- Thom Lu
- June Park
Welcome to the family!! <3
It’s IAP, but Syncopasian is already busy rehearsing! Why, you ask? We are proud to be hosting the second national East Asian a cappella festival, Quad-A Show 2013! Six amazing East Asian a cappella groups from around the country will descend upon MIT’s Kresge Auditorium on Saturday, February 9th, 2013 for a fantastic night of a cappella!!
Visit the Quad-A website for more information! Tickets will go on sale in late January.
Thanks to everyone who came to our winter concert, The Sync-Off! We hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!!
Best wishes to our two departing members, Jimmy Liu and Ami Suzuki; be safe, be happy, and keep in touch! <3
Videos and photos will be posted shortly. In the meantime, gear up for Quad-A Show 2013 (details soon to follow)!
Hey everyone! We’ve been hard at work preparing music for the last few weeks, and we have a few performances coming up!!
- Wednesday, Sept. 26 – 8PM @ 26-100: LSC Early Screening of Pitch Perfect (FREE – pick up tickets in Lobby 10)
- Saturday, Oct. 13 – 8PM @ Kresge Auditorium: GBIS, aka Greater Boston Invitational Songfest (FREE)
- Friday, Oct. 19 – 7PM @ Lobdell Dining Hall: Nightmarket
We’ll be performing some brand new songs, along with a few old favorites. Hope to see you in the audience!!
Fall auditions are over! Thanks to everyone who auditioned; we really enjoyed hearing every one of you, and we hope you had as much fun as we did.
Congratulations to our new members:
- Chiheon Kim
- Teresa Lin
- Michelle Suh
- Jeffrey Sun
- Rujia Zha
We’re so excited to have you!! Welcome to the Syncopasian family
Here’s your chance to join Syncopasian! Information about our auditions for the fall semester is below:
WHEN: Saturday, September 1st — all day
WHERE: 4-082 (basement of building 4)
HOW TO SIGN UP: Sign up for a time slot at the ASA Activities Midway (Friday 8/31, 3-5pm @ Johnson Ice Rink). E-mail syncop email@example.com if you cannot make it to the Midway or if you have a time conflict with auditions. We accept walk-ins, but you may have to wait for an open time slot.
AUDITION PROCESS: Please prepare a verse and chorus from a song of your choice (English or any Asian language is fine). Along with this song, you will be asked to complete a few warmup techniques and a sightsinging excerpt.
A few words of advice:
- Relax! We don’t bite ^_^
- Pick a song that suits your singing style and shows off what you can do–DON’T pick a song just because you think we’ll like it. If you’re into your song, we will be too!
- Come hear us perform at the ASA Activities Midway around 4:30pm, and then introduce yourself to us! We love talking to new people
If you have any questions, e-mail us at syncop OR talk to us at our booth on the Midway. Hope to see you at auditions! firstname.lastname@example.org